Friday, July 8, 2016

Dinner at Sandoval Gardens

On the road to Oman - Picture edited by Befunky.com



6:30pm; two more steps to go, I am slightly overwhelmed, it is preposterous to prepare dinner, set the table and make sure the loo is welcoming two hours before your guests arrive at 7pm.

2 days ago, the word 'Testimony' was like a persistent buzz in my mind, weeks and months ago I kept shaking it out of my head with three long breaths, but God wouldn't have it.

So here we are, the boys were on time, the ladies came in afterwards, and my dinner table can accommodate 6, but sounded smaller with the five of us around it.
I know my guests, but they do not know each other.

They complimented me about the food, and easily started making small conversations; weather, work and so and so to Testimony, I did not have any part in it.

"I am glad you all responded to my invitation, we are here tonight to share our testimonies, how we met Christ, what he changed in our lives, we can't boast about ourselves, because we took all the wrong decisions, we can't boast about our wrong decisions, but we can praise God for taking us out of it and shed a light of Truth to our situations and gave us Life in Christ, abundantly"


Just a few minutes to serving the ice cream, the shiest of the guests starts to talk.

On the road to Oman - Picture edited by Befunky.com

"I once was blind, but now I see, I once was lost, but now I am found"


'I did not go to school, I left home to work when I was only 9. For 20 years I lived with a Muslim family, and became a Muslim.
I had dreams that would make me question the world we live in.
Dreams of things about to happen, death of people in my village, dreams of the spiritual world that we don't see with our own eyes.
I asked God, what is this all about, what am I to do with all this?
I did not have any answers, nor could not talk about it with anyone, is God talking to me?
What do I make of these dreams? 
It became frustrating; once I was sleeping in my bed, in a dream in the night, I see a woman and a snake next to my bed, it was as real as it can be, and disturbing also, but they were gone when I woke up.
I didn't understand what they were, now I know that God was showing me things to pray about in my spiritual life and that of my family.

Years gone by, I became a fighter, boxing and kickboxing was my way of living. I travelled. And came back home. My friend had some issues with someone owing them money. 
He asked for my help to reduce to pulp the person who cannot pay him back. When we arrived there, they were praying.
Yes, praying, on their knees. I haven't seen anything like this before, people praying fervently with so much intent, I felt confused, and I wanted to be away from this place. 
A woman there; start telling me things about me, I didn't talk to her but she is talking to me, now I know she is a Prophet of God who was telling things I have never spoken to anyone. It was like God was answering all my questions, now this moment, all I came to do was to beat someone up, but last thing I know, I was on my knees praying, and accepting Christ as my Lord and Saviour, because it was the only Truth I know, the only Light I know, the only Spirit of Revelation that has been with me since the beginning, now I can recognise it, I wasn't blinded anymore, it wasn't hidden from me anymore.
I attended church to learn more about this Jesus of Nazareth. The wonders He did and why He saved me.
Now I ask God and He answers me in my dreams, I do not have any academicals background, so God gave  me the ability to retain information from the past even those when I was a child.
I would dream about people God would ask me to give a word of encouragement to, I would dream about people who I would meet at work, and pray with them and see them succeed and find them wanting more of what I have in my heart, I even dreamt about my wedding, my wife and my child before all of it ever happen.
My dreams have more meaning; from warning to guidance, revelation and more.
The Holy Spirit would allow me to feel what people are feeling and discern spirits, so I may pray for them. Sometimes I feel shy, but the Holy Spirit gives me courage to go up to people and pray with and for them, my life is amazing, I don't want anything else but serving God'

"You cannot fully understand the Good news of the Gospel, until you understand why you needed rescuing" Nicky Gumbel



Revelation 12:11
''They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death''



No comments:

Post a Comment